We are thrilled to announce our new must-have DAVROE range:
A concise range of Curly Girl Approved products, free from Silicone, Sulphate, and Drying Alcohols, that will nurture and enhance your curls.
We have carefully formulated Davroe’s CURLiCUE range to embody effortless, manageable curls through a selection of luxurious products.
Curly Girl Approved: Free from Silicone, Sulphate, and Drying Alcohols
Our DAVROE team have worked hard over the last few years to curate a range that is easy to use, Curly Girl friendly and perfect for a wide variety of curl types.
CURLiCUE has been formulated with a unique blend of hard working ingredients that leaves kinky, coily, or curly hair feeling and looking its best. Fortified with rich botanical oils and extracts, CURLiCUE leaves curls soft, hydrated, defined and voluminous. Creamy Avocado Oil provides intense hydration that nourishes the hair shaft from the inside out; smoothing coarse texture and strengthening the hair. Nutrient-rich Kakadu Plum Extract protects the hair against damage, whilst moisturising to leave dull, coarse hair silky and glossy. Revitalising Lotus Flower Extract improves overall hair health by hydrating and repairing to add strength, shine and body, while restoring the hair’s natural lustre.
What is the Curly Girl Method?
The Curly Girl Method (CGM) is comprised of a set of rules which people follow to enhance their natural wave, curl, or coil pattern, reduce frizz, damage, breakage and dryness. In simple terms, the Curly Girl Method centres around avoiding ingredients that can negatively affect curls, adding ingredients that can hydrate, condition, repair and enhance.
The three most incremental factors that make a product Curly Girl Friendly is the exclusion of silicons, sulphates and drying alcohols.
The method revolves around a few key pillars, which drive the exclusion of those ingredients;
1) Not using ingredients that build up on the hair, or require ‘harsh’ soaps or surfactants to remove them.
This brings to mind the typical silicones that can build up on the hair, but can also include a range of other ingredients, such as waxes and mineral oils, that individuals may avoid based on the degree to which they follow this method. These are avoided as CMG does not use Sulfates to remove these products.
2) Not over cleansing the hair with traditional shampoos that can dry out or strip the hair, via surfactants such as Sulfates.
This can also include avoiding the use of surfactants that are traditionally labeled as gentle in the hair care community. The reasoning behind this difference of opinion comes from the basis that Curly Girls do not apply any products that build up on the hair, so only need very gentle cleansing to wash and refresh the hair, rather than cleansing agents that aim to remove products build up, styling agents, silicones, waxes etc.
3) Hydration, hydration, hydration!
This method praises the scalps natural oils, and focuses heavily on hydrating hair that is textured or dry inherently. This is yet another reason that drying ingredients, such as drying alcohols and cleansing agents, are strictly avoided.
Lightweight detoxing shampoo to gently clean without stripping natural oils.
- 200ml Cleansing Clay is fortified with Kaolin Clay, Quinoa, Kakadu Plum & Lotus Flower Extracts
- Low foam lather to gently detox and cleanse the scalp
- Nourishing Quinoa adds body and aids in detangling, for soft, lifted curls
- Leaves kinky, coily, or curly hair feeling renewed and refreshed.
Extra rich and hydrating whipped conditioner.
- 200ml Deep Conditioning Rinse is enriched with Avocado Oil, Kakadu Plum & Lotus Flower Extracts
- Restores moisture and shine
- Leaves hair tangle free
- Deeply conditions, without weighing hair down
- Contains humidity resistant anti-frizz actives
- Creates soft, defined curls with body and movement
- Leaves hair smooth and manageable with a glossy finish
Lightweight ultra moisturising oil.
- 50ml Hydrating Hair Oil provides intense hydration while softly defining waves & curls
- Rich in a blend of 9 botanical oils including; Abyssinica Seed, Argan, Avocado, Camellia, Olive & Sunflower Oil
- Easily dispersed an absorbed by the hair
- Strengthens and conditions all hair types
- Creates a high gloss finish
- Use on damp or dry hair as a leave in, or as a pre-wash oil treatment.
Hydrating balm to activate and enhance natural curls.
- 200ml Curl Balm is enriched with Avocado Oil, Kakadu Plum & Lotus Flower Extracts
- Lightweight balm that activates the natural curl pattern
- Eliminates frizz while hydrating the hair for curl movement and flexible definition
- Actively detangles and deeply moisturises the hair
- Provides UV and heat protection
- Scrunch into damp or dry hair for definition
Anti-frizz spray to instantly enhance, define, and refresh curls.
- 200ml Curl Activator is enriched with Avocado, Kakadu Plum & Lotus Flower Extracts
- A powerful yet ultra-lightweight curl activator
- Gives flexible definition to enhance natural curls
- Reduces frizz and smooths textured hair, to give maximum bounce
- Can be used as a lightweight styling product for hold and lift
- To style, spray liberally into damp hair and scrunch or finger coil for definition
- To refresh, scrunch into slept on or stretched out curls to reactivate
A soft, absorbent hair towel that minimises frizz and reduces drying time by 50%.
- Fast, convenient drying, that leaves hair smoother and shinier.
- Made of highly absorbent, lightweight fibers
- Removes the need for heat or friction; reducing frizz, defining curls, and leaving the hair cuticle smoother
- Reduces reduces drying time by 50%
We also have some super exciting news… for a limited time you find all the DAVROE CURLiCUE products together in one place – our limited edition CURLiCUE pack.
All of our products come in full retail size and are delivered in our beautiful Signature vegan leather DAVROE Beauty Bag.
This is the Ultimate Collection of Curly Girl Approved products from DAVROE, so don’t miss out, we know they wont be around for long.
Here at Davroe we are so proud of our CURLiCUE range and can’t wait for you to try it. It truly is a game changing range of products that we can ensure you will deliver incredible results.
You can find out more about CURLiCUE by clicking the below image, we look forward to bringing you more about it in the future.